Monday, June 23, 2008
After the party...
I'm too tired to think coherently, but too wired to sleep. Bad combination for a blog post.
Some thoughts that have stumbled through my cluttered brain:
- Since yesterday morning, I have put 300.8 miles on my odometer.
- Cat herding would be simple compared to trying to organize a meeting of more than a dozen people who are intelligent, cheerful, and really quite easily distracted by Bright Shiny Things.
- It's a lot more fun to go with the flow than to try to herd cats.
- I've spent so much time laughing and talking that now my throat is swollen and it hurts to talk.
- It's a lot easier to hold a party in your house when elves come along and do the dishes, hang the pictures, and weed the garden for you.
Truly, everyone should have a party and invite Imaginary Internet Friends to come by. At least, everyone who is lucky enough to have such terrific, kind I.I.F.s who are extremely positive. On a one-by-one basis this group is kind, helpful, and supportive. Put together as a group they are a) impossible to organize and more importantly b) a positive force for good.
I swear everywhere I went, I could tell where the group was by following the sound of laughter. Most stories you hear about the internet deal with creepy men who pretend to be 17 when they're closer to 71, and things of that ilk. You don't hear stories about the kindness you'll find from people you've never 'met' but whom you've come to know over a couple of years.
One thing the CB group is always good for is support when you need it. Like coming home to find a clean house.
Thank you to McB, JenB, GP, Wapak, Lou, CMS, Pam, OH, K.L., Dr. T., CC, Me, the unsinkable Miss Scope, and Cary!